Thursday, January 10, 2013

White Mule Winery

I realize I've already enlightened you to White Mule Winery. But.... I got to soak up a different side to the out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere family owned and operated winery. Located close to the heart of Missouri wine country in Owensville, this place is worth your travel. Especially on Friday nights.

                                           

White and Red: both delicious. 

About a month ago, Robby and his band Horsin' Around played for the first time here. I mean first time playing at White Mule. Not first time playing. You know what I mean. We brought a small group of people and then got surprised when Robby's brother and sister-in-law showed up with a small group of people too.

What's for dinner? Beef! Duh! With homegrown cattle out back it just makes sense. Right?

The owners serve their homegrown (I think you can call it that) beef and all i could say was WOW!!! That's right- multiple exclamation marks. That's how WOW it was! This steak that I had was tender, juicy, and had the most amazing flavors doing the tango on my taste buds.

Robby and the band didn't get there in time to eat but I had to give them each a taste. To not let someone experience this steak would have been a take-me-straight-to-jail penalty I'm quite certain. Now they offered lasagna as well but I'm telling you, that would have been a take-me-straight-to-hell sentencing. Wrong, folks. Just wrong.

                                       

I have dreamed about this steak since. The flavors, the smell, the juicy bits it allowed me to relish. We already have planned to return another Friday night when Robby doesn't have to play so he can experience the food too. We were told that they don't have the big dinners on Saturday so if you're going to go, I really recommend hitting it up on a Friday.

There is a bed and breakfast located in the old farmhouse just next to the winery for those who have libated to the limit. (I love that word. Libate (to drink). A doc I used to work with taught me that one.) Not only is the food more than awesome, the atmosphere is a pleasant view too. A rustic barn sets the scene. Large indoor/outdoor fireplace, which was so cozy for the chilly night air. Last year they built a sizable pavilion in the back for summer use. That should be enjoyable when our spring weather rolls around (which would be so appreciated to be sooner than later).

                                      

To get more info including the address, visit WhiteMuleWinery.com. I hope you have as good of a time as we did. Let me know what you think when you go! The Gravel-Roadin' Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment