Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Old Brick House Deli: A Jefferson City Tradition

In the middle of this dreary day off work (yes, I still have that stinkin' day job), I put aside the cleaning and laundry (it was so hard to do too, I tell ya) to go have lunch with my mom.

On the days that I'm not out making the money, I'm at home with Baby O. That being said, those Mommies out there already know that I don't get out for lunch much. Who wants to juggle a cranky tot while you're trying to relax and enjoy a nice lunch?

Most days, not me. Today, however, I knew Mom would be in town and so I invited her out for lunch. I had the choice of restaurants and trying to steer clear from the chains such as Applebee's and Longhorn's, I picked The Old Brick House Deli.



Located just off Edgewood Dr (right down the street from the massive JCMG building), this deli-ry is housed in......wait for it..... an old brick house.

It's a cute house. Nothing special about it really. But it seems to be a Jeff City tradition. They're only open during the week which is a bummer but they are open for both breakfast and lunch.

Years ago I frequently visited the deli for lunch. I haven't been there in probably 7 years but it hadn't changed. The order line was long but service is quick so we had our food and a seat within 10 minutes.

Mom had the house salad and sandwich. The salad was delish. I actually finished off half of that for her. I had the chicken salad sandwich with chili. The chili was pretty good although nothing to blow your mind away but the sandwich was really quite tasty.



I've told you before and I'll tell you again that I'm an atmosphere kind of gal and this place has what I like. It's "cute", quaint, pretty quiet, and different from the rest.



They "had me at hello" when I was ordering and they asked if I would like a plate of cheese and crackers for Olivia. Seriously? No restaurant has ever bothered to try and accomodate Baby O. Kudos to you Brick House Deli!

There's also a patio out back for those warm, beautiful days that are hopefully coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment