Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Monday, Missouri!

Good morning all! Happy to have you back here with me today. While most of you are at work and hard at it already, I have my barefeet kicked up while on my sun porch drinking my morning Cup-O-Jo. Why is it called that anyway? How did they get "Jo" from "coffee"? Enlighten me please if you happen to be the one fantastically great trivia person who knows the answer to this query. So, if you've been following me, you'll know that I spent my Saturday morning (and what a gorgeous one it was!) roaming the walks of our glorious State Capital, here in Jefferson City. I'm sure most of you have seen the Capital building or may have even taken a tour (most of us were probably dragged here as children for a fieldtrip in school). Have you ever really toured the grounds and gotten to relish in it's beauty?



If any of you have children, you would have been able to participate in the Easter egg hunt that was taking place in the Governor's Gardens at the Governor's Mansion, just down the street from the Capital.


For those of you who don't know, this building sits atop a hill on the banks of the Missouri. During the summer months, the fountains are full of water. Go ahead, toss in your coin and make a wish! The landscaping is amazing. The tulips and other spring beauties are at their most beautiful right now (great for shooting some photos).



Aside from all this, there are the railroad tracks, the Old Lohman Building, and the Rozier Gallery to view.



The Old Lohman Building sits on the right

I think a lot of folks had the same idea as me. There were a lot of roamers on Saturday. It was great to see people getting out and about!

There's something about a train that gives you that "old world charm" feeling

So, what are you waiting for? Get out of that chair and  engulf yourself in all Downtown Jefferson City has to offer! I will see you back here again tomorrow. Pan, The Gravel-Roadin' Guru




No comments:

Post a Comment