Monday, March 18, 2013

Meadow Muffins: Old Colorado City, CO

Friday afternoon we were headed down to Old Colorado City. My goal, my one purpose in life that day was to find the childrens store where we bought Olivia this ridiculously cute hat last summer. I had to have another one for next winter since she draws so much attention with this one.


You see how cute I'm talking about??? Look at that hat! Look at that face!

Unfortunately, I didn't get my hat. The store only had infant sizes and bless Olivia's heart, she didn't even have an infant size head when she was an infant. Like father, like daughter.

Alas, the day was not completely ruined. I asked my sis where a good local eatery would be close to Old Colorado City. She gave me a couple options, one being Meadow Muffins.

After I picked up the pieces of my broken heart at the childrens store, I was listing off my sister's picks of restaurants. Meadow Muffins. blah. blah. blah. (I say this because I just can't remember the other places she told me)

"Meadow Muffins. What a dumb name. I'm not eating there."- Robby. That's right. Mr. Judgement himself said that. He had no clue anything about this restaurant except the name and for some reason, he was biased.

He went on and on about how the name didn't make sense. The name was stupid. On and on.

When my niece, Rach, came down to meet us, we started going through the list with her and asking her opinions.

Twenty guesses as to what she recommended........ You guessed right. Meadow Muffins. "It's kind of like bar food. Cozy atmosphere", she told Robby. Well, why didn't you say so before? Ugh, do you see what I have to put up with people???

Meadow Muffins it is. Friday afternoon in the off season was a perfect time. Just a few other stragglers about but pretty slow.



Alright, I apologize. I can't get this stupid picture to turn. Stupid blog site. Just kink your head a little to the right and you'll be good.

Robby got the Jiffy Burger. Sounds atrocious. It's not. It's not the best thing in my book but it's worth trying. Apparently these peanut butter burgers are the "in" thing now. I got the philly cheese steak. Yum-O. Rachel got the fried pickles. Heart attack? Ah, who cares!


The really neat thing about Meadow Muffins is the relics. And I don't mean your run-of-the-mill, Applebee's type relics. Actual cool stuff. From actual places. Sat on by actual people. The back of the menu tells all about it. 


Casablanca fans just above the bar

Thanks for the blurry picture, Rach.

Look at that gorgeous ceiling. And let's not forget about the moose head. Right? Right?!?

The carriage from Gone With The Wind. Oh yeah, and a naked gal on the far wall.
If you're in the area, I recommend giving it a try. I'm an atmosphere gal, and this definitely has the laid-back, relaxed vibe that I so enjoy. The prices are reasonable and items on the menu are "bar food" as Rachel puts it. It's a serve yourself joint. You go to the bar for your drinks and go to the walk up window for your food. Right downtown in Old Colorado City.

Pan, The Gravel-Roadin' Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment